Friday, May 13, 2005

Spoon



Spoon - "I Turn My Camera On"

How Spoon's Gimme Fiction didn't make it into Pitchfork's "Best New Music" section and only garnered a 7.9 rating is a mystery I will never be able to solve. It's blasphemy, I tell you. The album is easily one the best three records to be released so far this year. I think the exclusion (and big slip-up) by Pitchfork is more a testament of their pretentious snobbery than anything else. When it comes to reviewing records that have already received a decent amount of acclaim elsewhere, the ignoramus writers over at the 'Fork tend to either completely bash it or at the least give it a less than stellar rating (Case in point: Gimme Fiction, or even Beck's Guero). Seriously, how do Antony & the Johnsons deserve the distinction and yet Spoon's best album to date is elbowed out? Pitchfork sucks, man. That's why it's such a b&@# that I won't be able to NOT pop over everyday still. Ah, inner turmoil at its worst and on its most irrelevant level!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home