Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Cass McCombs



Cass McCombs - "Sacred Heart"

I've seen this song posted on several other mp3 blogs in the past, and as much I hate to be repetitive, I just had to post it here because I love it so much. Cass McCombs does the Morrissey so so well, better than anyone maybe, especially when he sings that line that sounds like "foreign car, foreign car." Plus, I absolutely love the tones that he gets out of the guitars in this song - and the rest of the album, for that matter - and the way that they so smoothly transition from being raucous and unrelenting to something completely opposite...how shall I put this...peaceful and soothing, like driving over hills in the countryside.

It's cold and rainy here in Michigan right now and this is the perfect song for this sort of day. The funny thing is that about a week and a half ago, when PREfection was getting heavy rotation in my car's system, it was sunny and beautiful outside and this ethereal pop song was just as marvelous then, as well. This whole album is incredible: stunningly gorgeous pop melodies drenched in reverb and densely layered fuzz, and slowly pushed along by distant and thunderous rhythms. If you enjoy music that shares some or all of these traits I've just attributed to Cass' record, then do look into adding this one to your collection. You won't be sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home