Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Out Hud



Out Hud - "How Long"

Holy geez. March is the month for much-hyped-about album releases. There are several records that have a notable amount of anticipation attached to them that will finally be coming to a store near you. However, the one that's really got me lurking in the shadows and ready to pounce all over it is Out Hud's Let Us Never Speak of It Again, the follow-up to their 2003 effort, S.T.R.E.E.T. D.A.D., which absolutely blew me off my fanny.
The most notable change between this and the five-piece's last album is the addition of vocals, courtesy of the girls in the band. I think it adds just the right amount of accessibility to their grungy, post-punk house. That'll be good for them, I think, and may get them some additional and much-deserved attention from the less adventurous listeners out there who can't get into anything without lyrics.
In this song, you'll hear what vocals I'm talking about, and I'm almost certain you won't disagree with me that it's a nice touch. It's a great track all around, but I'll just add that there are even better ones found elsewhere on the album, "Old Nude" being my current favorite. I just chose this one to post here b/c it's the only full track available to download from the band's official website. There are a few other short samples from the album that you can listen to here. The thing that is easy to forget when listening to Out Hud is that this is a LIVE BAND, not some electronic project from a guy sitting behind a turntable and a Roland 808 or something. Amazing.
Buy Let Us Never Speak of It Again on March 22nd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home