Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Sam Prekop



Sam Prekop - "C+F"


I've been listening to the new Sam Prekop, Who's Your New Professor?, a LOT since it was released last month. But most of that has come in the last week, as I've been getting myself into something I like to call "Chicago-mode" (I know, really inventive).

You see, in 2 days, I'll be in Chicago for the weekend with my wife. Never been there before, so it should be a good time. I always enjoy exploring new cities and seeing new sights, people, and architecture (like that building pictured above that was on the cover of Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot). We're staying at Hotel 71, which seems to be situated right in the middle of the downtown area, close to everything we'd want to check out. It's just a block off of Michigan Ave., close to all the museums and Magnificient Mile and basically everything we'd like to check out. I just want to have a good time, try to immerse myself in Chicago's culture as much as possible, and maybe even learn something about the city's history at the same time. A few things we're already sort of planning on doing - besides some shopping (I've been told there's an H&M in Chicago) - are going to the Art Institute of Chicago, the Museum of Contemporary Art, Sears Tower, Navy Pier, & the Shedd Aquarium. We also might try to catch the Owen/Decibully show at Schuba's on Saturday night. Unfortunately, our stay this weekend is sandwiched right between two shows that I would have liked to see: Scotland Yard Gospel Choir on Thursday night at the Metro and Damien Jurado on Sunday night, also at Schuba's. Oh, well.

So, anyway, it seems like we have plenty to keep us busy for two and a half days. But if anyone else has any suggestions they feel like sharing with me before my trip, I'd love to hear them. A Cubs game? I don't know. I just don't want to come back from our trip and regret having NOT done something while we were there. I never found an In-n-Out Burger while in San Diego last year, and to this day I still get a little riled up when something reminds me of that place. So please leave comments below. I hear there's a Cheesecake Factory there, which is something we do not have here in the D. Might have to hit that, too.

In the meantime, I'll be listening to this Sam Prekop CD. You go buy it and then meet me in Chicago so you can thank me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home