Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Mount Eerie



Mount Eerie - "I Hold Nothing"
Mount Eerie - "What I Actually Am"

Alright now. Geez. It's been about two weeks since my last activity on the blog. Things have been nuts.
I figure a good way to get things going again here is with a little Phil Elvrum. How 'bout it, kids?
Mount Eerie's new full-length album, No Flashlight was released today. Just be aware that when you go down to your local record shop, finding it may be somewhat of a challenge. So I'll give you a tip. Look for it in the vinyl section. The CD is packaged along with a vinyl LP, so trying to fit it on a CD rack would pose a bit of a problem. So there's the inside scoop. Then again, you might as well just order it directly from Phil himself at P.W. Elvrum & Son and save yourself the trouble of locating it.
It's become quite clear to me that No Flashlight is without doubt the best thing from Elvrum since The Glow, Pt. 2 (the album that won me over), back when Mount Eerie was called The Microphones. This kid is so original in his art, people. 'I Hold Nothing' is simply gorgeous, hauntingly meditative and intensely personal.
I'm serious, folks...buy the album if you like these toonces. This is one of those records that you really must purchase to get the whole experience. It would not be the same without having the cover art to gaze upon and the liner notes to pour over while taking in the music. Just downloading all the songs, burning it to a CD-R, and using two different colored Sharpies® to label it would be a total injustice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen. I agree with your comments on all accounts. Glow 2 opened my world. I Hold Nothing is a million lifetimes rolled into a song. Beautiful. I need to buy the album.

I like your blog as well!

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home